12/09/2008

A quick adventure in Heredia, Costa Rica


So Friday and Saturday I went with two of my new friends I made here in Costa Rica to the other YWAM base in Costa Rica... in the town of Heredia. They were having a fundraiser picnic for the DTS class there this fall who are about to go on outreach. My friend Paola lives in Heredia so her brother Alvaro picked us up and took myself and my friend Ruth up for Friday evening and Saturday to spend the day there. It was an awesome time.

Friday night Paola and Ruth and I walked down to town and took a ton of pictures of the amazing flowers and sun as it was setting at the end of a gorgeous day. We had a fun dinner and evening of just walking around town and enjoying each other. Saturday morning I had the chance to play with Paola´s niece some and then we went to the Heredia base and had a blast. I got to spend some time with the Base Director there Terry... he has some awesome vision for the base and wants to start an SBS there. I also got to spend some time talking with some of the DTS students about their futures and I think some of them are excited about perhaps doing SBS next so that was awesome. I also had the chance to see my friend Carla again and her new boyfriend Ian so that was really great too. It was one of my favorite experiences from here on outreach, and between Paola and I we have some great pictures to remember it by.